Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Add to Technorati Favorites

Arnoldo García

Burma

can a few men with guns
rule
dominate
multitudes
of
peaceful
unarmed
nonviolent
monks
students
youth
day workers
who's in the army
who obeys orders to shoot the people
who commands the soldier to shoot the people
monks
students
youth
day workers
tear gas
scatters monks and pigeons
skyful of blood in the airwaves
can the thugs rule us
can the generals crush all the cameras
can the chief of police, the sheriff, the governor, the state senator, the racist
a few good haters
rule
dominate
ignore
the multitudes
of students
day laborers
Indians
immigrants
farmworkers
domestic workers
women with children
can a few men with guns rule the world
make the multitudes cower
destroy the earth
destroy our spirit our lands our communities
can they?
will we
the unarmed the peaceful the drunk on poetry & horizons
the ones who all we want to do is learn, laugh with the elders
can they really sentence us to life in prison in poverty
is a bayonette really more powerful than a pen a pencil solidarity love
can the army make us kneel ask for forgiveness ask for better jails more laws to obey
why do they believe in the possible when we are the impossible

*
buddha plays soccer

be present
not on what you don't have
not on what you had
not on what you lost
not on past grievances failures or successes
not on what you want
not on your desires
be present
on who surrounds you who accompanies you who holds you
on who makes your heart beat loud suns
on the riches of your life that can't be put in a bank account that can't be invested in an IRA
on who fills your lungs with the big bang
who vibrates & plucks the strings of your pigmented guitar
be present
to listen
to breath
to give
to rest
to be

*
campesino

I don't want to bother you
I am no one
I am not important
I hardly exist
I exist in your shadow
I live to be lived and loved by you
without you I am no one
without you I have no shadow
I am a shadow-in-waiting
I will self-destruct without you
I will crumble into a pile of dust
at the mercy of the wind

*
canción

casi te abracé
casi te bese
casi te tuve por una vida entera
casi fuimos uno
casi humanos
casi locos
casi dulzura con cara pecada
y tu corazón de curandera
casi te quise
casi exploto
casi me pierdo en tu sonrisa y cuerpo
casi fue todo
casi fue nada
casi te he querido
casi me deseas
casi duermes commigo
casi no me quito de tu lado
casi apareces en horizontes con filos azules
casi me emborracho con tu cuerpo
casi te apreto en la isla barbuda
casi me pasa todo contigo
casi me enamoro de tí
casi nazco nuevo en tus brazos
casi me olvidas
casi me trastorna y me hace sombra del polvo
casi tengo una vida, una ofrenda
casi entro a la eternidad
casi el amor infinito

*
buddha laughs

end all worries
let them wait
forget them
live now
fight now
free now
free forever
no running
no stopping
no jump starting
no runnning away
no violence
no peace
no hate
no love
nothing
except breathing and horizons

*
war plans

war plans
for killing
bombing
maiming
destroying
coercing
refugees
displaces
widows
orphans
trauma
wrecked
dreams
empire
colony
nukes
generals
bayonettes
prisoners
destruction
oncentration
camps
hopelessness
sociopathy
rape
war plans
for profits and contracts
domination
contractors
weapons R&D
soldiers
hierarchies
patriots
sales
medals
heroes
presidential
world leader
Nobel Peace Prize
re-election now!
home by x-mas
family & country
blood for oil
no homeland
no nation
nowhere
war there
peaceful war here
drive-by's
drones
assassins
state
of
the
uniuon
coffins
flags
burials
21-gun salutes
armies of headstones
sargent pepper's lonely purple hearts band of bros
PTSS
homelessness
safe suburbs
migrants
profits
prayers
anguish
indifference
parasites
cancers
cocktail parties
cockroach revolution

*
Sail

my
words
my tongue
my lungs fill with wind
my consciousness implodes into space
I vibrate beat against the waves lungs flap
wind above water below and stream over the solar skin
|
|

No comments: