Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Add to Technorati Favorites

Arnoldo García

Our revolution & theirs

I was not born of Adam & Eve
I was born
from the breasts
of Quetzalcoatl
I was born
out
of her plumed vagina
the birth canal leading to a sun-womb
born
crashing out
of the belly button of the moon.

My river banks are lips
that kiss the feet of my lovers
or migrants crossing over

her smile is muddy
mud the mixture of life, the semen stinking the eggs
the amino acids that convulse with life

I was born in the middle of a muddy river
a people rising from the mud
and now we drink muddy-water
to ingest our ancestors
upon
your
my
deaths
Throw my body into the wild river
where I was born
Let her swallow me
take me to the gulf
where the salt
will dissolve me
return me
to where I started
where I was conceived

I drink my coffee
begin the day
scribbling against the madness
my heaven
my landless place
that I long for
I can't beat on my guitar anymore
My guitar is no substitute
for your embrace
your raspy silence

I have been practical all my life
that's why I give myself
no choice
other than to work and to love
to write and read poetry
wherever I go

My work my love is my poetry of everyday
and maybe few if anyone notices
that we are all the same
what matters above all else
is how we treat and greet each other
work, love, poetry -- it's all the same

*

I could peel the sun for you
but would you eat
such a fruit?

No comments: