Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Add to Technorati Favorites

arnoldo garcía

transtongue

My brain is a network of languages
you here read in english
My brain processes everything three times
in english
in spanish
in pocho dream languages

I translate every syllable among every syllable
i am at the speed of molecules
bouncing making chaos out of every sound
combining and recombing
until i spit it out

Marx called language practical consciousness
you hear, you read, you think what I speak, write, or gestate to you
my tongue is a superhighway of consciousness
the transtongue of humanity

I am a human bridge of words with feet, desires, six senses, tattoos
lover's eyes that are sabers or tenderness
I jump from one language bank to another
my tongue gets wet or swept away, drowning, in the currents of my throat.
I go over or under each language knowing that she is a bare electrical chord of lightnings
that can electrocute me, sear my tongue
with an explosion that rises up from the belly of the earth
blows a hole the size of a tractor in my tongue
all the words spill out of the dam of my breasts
Please drink me, do not let me evaporate in the blasting sun or thunderstorm...

*
Please note: This is the 14th spontaneous poem for 30 in April 2010.

No comments: